I Will Be Back Soon...

My apologies, but I've been away and had only sporadic access to a networked computer. It's a feeling of isolation when you sit down in a strange place with your laptop, switch on and see there are no wireless networks anywhere!

I will, however, return to blogging in a few days time. I have been reading a couple of histories of law firms, which are the basis for a paper I'm writing. Most law firm accounts are hagiographies of the great and good who populated the firms from their inception. Real histories which set the firm's development within an economic and social context are rare. They should be more widely known as most legal scholars haven't a clue about how law is practised, yet they make judgments about the rectitude of legal decisions and lawmaking as though they occur in a vacuum.

More anon.

Comments